Thursday, May 17, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I'm now at home in Oklahoma. I'll be in the US a couple of months visiting friends and family. I love the fact that being away changes how you see things when you return. My parents were both teaching school today, so I spent the day out photographing. The wild flowers this year are amazing and I'm sure I would have overlooked them if I were still living here. The views today were absolutely stunning!

A rocky outcropping.


Wheat harvest is just around the corner.


Why are my allergies going haywire?


Oklahoma's state bird: the scissor-tailed flycatcher.


Prickly pear blossom.


A purple thistle.


One Tree Hill.


A scrumptious snack-pollen.


Scrumptious but a bit stringy.





Killdeer.


A prickly pear in bloom.

3 comments:

Copus said...

Looks like your macro is working well.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. Are you available for a July Barmitzvah. We are looking for a real pro with the camera don't ya know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Farmboy – You’ve got some great shots here. The close up of the white flower is my favorite – reminds me of diving!