Thursday, September 20, 2007

The long anticipated Mataking-Sipadan photos

Before I left Malaysia I knew I wanted to dive Sipadan, the most famous of Malaysian dive sites. I also spent 4 days diving another island in the area, Mataking. I finally figured out my camera (arrgghh!) and got some great underwater shots. Nudibranch

Clown frogfish. There are two of them. I only noticed that after I looked at the photo because my dive master was in such a hurry.

A huge school of jack or big-eye trevally.

Giant frogfish-yes there is a fish in this picture.

Purple-fringed flatworm.

This turtle was in Mataking but you see about 8-10 turtles PER DIVE in Sipadan.

My dive buddy, Rombout (a Dutch guy who was staying at Seaventures).

Whitetip reef shark resting in the current. There are lots of these at Sipadan, sometimes you can see 10 or more on a single dive. And no, not dangerous or aggressive, unless you are trying to eat bloody, raw steak.

3 comments:

Copus said...

I like the one of the school of fish. When ever you see the group move the cloud almost looks like it's one creature.

hannah said...

I am really captivated by the beauty of God's sea creatures.

Your shots are really great! You're blessed to have that skill and even more blessed to have a high powered camera!!!

Keep it up for His glory.

Anonymous said...

ApovedobBed, clomid online Sevepypeply, [url=http://www.webjam.com/clomidonline]buy clomid[/url] dinoSkereed
23