Friday, October 20, 2006

Fraser's Hill

Well, it is the holiday season here in Malaysia with Deepavali on Saturday followed by Hari Raya on Tuesday. I'm headed up to Bukit Fraser today (Friday). I went there about this time last year and just loved it. Not as developed as Cameron Highlands but if you love nature, especially birdwatching (and I do) you can't beat Fraser's. I'm staying at Jelai Highland Resort which is famous for its early morning birding and the crowd of photographers it draws. So, I will be there, right along side those guys with their bazooka lenses, clicking away with my pea shooter. Hopefully, I'll get some reasonable shots and share them with you when I get back. I also can't wait to hear the gibbons calling in the distance, which is one of my top ten sounds in the world. So Happy Deepavali and Salaam Aidilfitri and I will see you next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would like to know if you have any holiday recipes that I might share with my US 6th grade class. We are studying world cultures and I would love to show your site of all the pictures. Beautiful I might add. I am dressing in traditional Malay dress and have some Malay coins and nicknacks to share, but I would love to share authentic cuisine also. Any ideas? Thanks, SS