Sunday, August 10, 2008

For those scoring at home

Well, I have managed to escape the Texas heat and return to the solace of the Northwest. I flew to Seattle Wednesday, got to spend a bit of time with my second cousin Barbara and her husband Dale. They dropped me in downtown Seattle for to catch the Amtrak to Bellingham but I was 3 hours early, so I killed those hours in downtown Seattle.

I can remember when I first moved to Malaysia how hard it was for me to be in a big city. Now I just love the way the city pulses with life and energy. For most people, their goal is a little place on two acres outside the town but I think a downtown condo is more my choice these days. Ditch the car, walk to the art museum and the grocery store. That is the life!

Today I did two dives with Washington Divers here in Bellingham. We went to the Keystone Ferry Terminal a popular local shore dive (you dive next to the ferry terminal not actually in the terminal). It is amazing how much different diving is here than in tropical waters. You have to wear tons of neoprene and then because of the neoprene lots of weight. These two dives were the last two I needed to finish up my Divemaster course. Now I can make money diving! Hoping to get my Instructor certification next.

Tomorrow about 11 of us are headed for Sun Lakes in Eastern Washington for 4 days of camping. When I get back I'm then headed out with my friend Dave for an overnight backpacking trip. Looking forward to all those hours in nature.

I'll get some pictures up from all these adventures but I didn't bring my laptop so I don't want to download the pics onto a friend's computer. But I promise pictures in the future. See you in a week.

1 comment:

Rue said...

Congratulations! Our new DM :)