Sunday, August 03, 2008

Movie Reviews and thoughts

Well, I have been to see three summer movies this year. Here is my review...albeit quick takes.

Hancock: Yawn. Not good at all. If you are on a transpacific flight and it is on, watch it. Otherwise, don't pay to see it.

Dark Knight: Good but overhyped. I liked Batman Begins better. My pet peeve: why does Christian Bale have his stupid Batman voice? It sounds so stupid...like he is trying to act scary.

Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Not very good. They replace Rachel Weiss with Maria Bello. Bello is not even close to the actor Weiss is. Brendan Fraser and Bello have zero chemistry. It was good to see Datuk Michelle Yeoh (from Malaysia) but there is not much good about this movie.

Lastly, a musing about Colin Farrell. Why is he popular? Miami Vice and Alexander were horrid movies. I caught part of SWAT the other day and that was bad. How has he become a big actor? Are looks really that important?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commiserate with you about the summer movies!
Colin Farrell was hilarious
in ELF. But, I don't think he has much in the way of looks.

TopCat said...

Ummm, Sharon, I'm afraid you mixed Colin up with his brother Will. Yes, Will Ferrell was great in ELF. I love that movie. (P.S. They aren't really brothers.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right, I have mixed them up. I really shouldn't comment at all about these things. I don't know much about the latest movies or stars. I am afraid I am just out of the loop!! (and it shows)

Copus said...

I think Sharon brings up an interesting point, why is Will Farrell such a big star. His track record is iffy, hits like Elf and Old School, oks like Blades of Glory and Talladega Nights and bombs like Semi-pro and Step Brothers.

Rue said...

Datuk Michelle Yeoh speaks broken Mandarin, and I think she did badly in Mummy...just like Chow Yun Fatt in any of his Hollywood blockbusters.