Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The good ole days

My brother thinks you can track a person's age by when they thought Saturday Night Live stopped being funny. It hold pretty true.

However, I would like to posit another idea. I was driving the other day in my parent's car, which has XM radio. They have a channel for just 90's music. As I listened, I thought, "Wow, this is really good music, way better than today's music." Then I froze. Yikes...is that a sign I'm getting old?

I mean, the 90's had the advent of grunge rock, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Weezer, Bush, Stone Temple Pilots. It had New Kids on the Block, Mariah Carey, Madonna, and a host of others. Rap was still young and not vile. MTV actually had some music videos. VH1 had pop up videos. Wayne was in his world and all was right in heaven.

I'm not old, right? Tell me I'm just correct and not getting set in my ways. Ahhh, those dang kids and their new-fangled strawberries and music ring tone. Why I remember when you used to call...

3 comments:

Copus said...

I dunno there is a lot of rough music from the 90's, from Milli Vinilli, to Backstreet Boys. Each decade has its high lights and low lights.

TopCat said...

My point wasn't really that '90's music is any better but that I think it is because I'm gettting old. I will say that I don't like much of today's music because I don't like most rap and R&B.

Anonymous said...

i wish they had digital radio in this part of the world