Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Going home

Well, it is the night before I leave for the US for Christmas with my family, the first one at home in five years. I haven't packed but I do have the most important detail nailed down: my reading list. Here they are, in no particular order:
Freakonomics
1984 by George Orwell
The Once and Future King by T.H. White
Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

The last trip I read just a shade under 2000 pages, which gives you an idea of how long a trip to the US and back really is. It didn't help I was delayed in Chicago for a day though. I'll spend 14 hours in the Singapore airport on layovers going both ways, 7 going and 7 coming back. But, if you have to get stuck in an airport for 7 hours I would definitely put Changi at the top of my list.

I should have some time over the holidays to sit down and write and get some of these random thoughts out of my head and onto paper/screen. Until then, I'll be the guy reading like mad next to you on the plane!

No comments: