Thursday, March 22, 2007

Malaysian Cars

A couple of days ago I was taking my morning run around the park (sweating like you wouldn't believe at 8 a.m.) when I saw a Proton Arena. Quck background note, back in high school at Oney, there were basically two cliques. If we split into more than two someone would have been alone. So, there was the druggie clique and the rest of us. Anyway, one guy named Jim had this El Camino, which was basically a car/pick-up hybrid. Because of this, El Camino's will forever be associated in my mind with druggies and white trash. Anyway, the Proton Arena is basically an El Camino with a rollbar. Smart move Proton!


The Proton Arena, fastest selling car in the Ozarks.

Because I find the Proton El Camino so strange, I also want to share with you the ugliest van ever made. It is the Proton Juara. In my mind the way it was made goes something like this:

Proton engineer: Oh no! I have to present a design for a new van today and I totally forgot.

Wife: Honey! You are so absent-minded. So, remember your son has that shoebox car competition in his science class this afternoon and you promised you would be there.

Proton engineer: Shoebox car?!?! Hamzah, your dad is sorry but he needs to borrow your science experiment for a few hours this morning.



The Proton Juara. You'll know she isn't dating you for your car!

Just to be fair, I hate lots of cars on American roads but most of you have already seen them, so I just wanted you to know other countries are producing ugly cars too. Please excuse me while I go wash my Fiero. (Note: I had to write Fiero because I have forgotten what most cars look like in the USA or I'm afraid they have new body styles and are now really cool. Have I been here too long?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!