Friday, March 16, 2007

Tall buildings

I don't know why but I love trivia and things that other people could care less about. For the last couple of years I have been watching construction of the world's tallest building in Dubai and just the other day I caught a Discovery Channel programme about it. Now I found out that it has competition. They are building another tower near Dubai that may reach 700 meters, over twice the Empire State Building.

Here are links to the one being built, the Burj Dubai:
Official Site
Wikipedia

And to the other tower, which is just getting started, the Al Burj (Burj means tower in Arabic):
Official Site
Wikipedia

The developers for the Burj Dubai also have the world's best hotel: The Burj al Arab
Official site with virtual tour and reservations

That's were I'd like to have my honeymoon. Well, there or French Polynesia. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a programme? Remember I graduated from Oney.

TopCat said...

Programme is the British spelling of progam. Malaysia uses British spelling so I am now schizophrenic and often write colour and flavour and can't remember if American or British English doubles the consonant when adding 'ing' such as "skillful" vs "skilful". Man, am I confuzed!