Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wedding bells (Not mine, so don't freak out mom!)

Back a couple of weeks ago one of my co-workers got married and I finally got around to editing the pictures for your perusal.

The glowing bride.


The site of the wedding reception. This is a typical Malay 'kampung' or village house. They are built on stilts and allow for the cooling air to move through the glassless windows. Ones like this that are kept up are very beautiful. The awning on the right is rented and not permanent, just for shade so you didn't roast while eating. Weddings are always held on the hottest days of the year...or so it seems.


This trio of sweeties posed for me after I asked their mom and she forced them to( malulah!). The one on the right has talcum or baby powder on her face, usually applied after a bath to help dry up the last of the moisture. So cute one!


These kids were watching the festivities from the top of the steps leading into the house.
Since I hate stereotypes, I like to call them Poindexter, Goofy and Little Miss Goody Two Shoes.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. We met the bride last summer didn't we?

Anonymous said...

Need a better word to describe the girls.

TopCat said...

Yes, you met the bride last summer. She is a fellow teacher. I changed the word on the three girls picture just for you. Now you can never say I don't love you!