Friday, March 30, 2007

Rilek at Pulau Perhentian

Last weekend I was able to kill two birds with one stone and get in a little scuba diving and have a business meeting. I went diving on Pulau Perhentian or the Stopover Islands in English. It actually means the Stop Islands in English but literal translations never work.

I took my family and friends to Pulau Perhentian last year and I think that they thoroughly enjoyed it. I know I did! Well, I can say they hated the all night bus ride to get to the island, which I don't enjoy much meself. 8 hours of twisty roads while trying to sleep leave one with a fearful neck ache.

Needless to say, it was a great weekend! You can read about the dives on my other blog by clicking here.


Mom: TopCat, move back to Oklahoma.
Me: Ahhhh, sure, I'll think about it.



The beach at Teluk Dalam. Much like the ones at Ft. Cobb State Park.



Can't post without some kind of cool bug. This spider was the size of my hand (leg span). He was having the catch of the day, moth, grilled with lemon and capsicum.



Does this even need a caption?



Sittin' on a dock of the bay, wastin' time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did really enjoy the island stay, and I didn't even mind the bus trip until Dad threw up, or was it better after that? I forget.

Anonymous said...

I saw that comment. Beautiful pictures by the way. How about if I move there?

TopCat said...

The trip was better after dad, ahh, had his incident. (FYI for those scratching their heads, my dad has a famously weak stomache and actually passed out when he found out his third baby was also his third son.)

Your welcome to move here...easy to do on Malaysia my Second Home visa. But I will exhibit some of dad's passing out skills if you actually do move here. :)