Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hong Kong

I stopped in Hong Kong for 3 days on my way back to Malaysia. I didn't enjoy it so much. It was hot, hottt, HOT. Cities are just a trap for heat and allow no wind to flow. It was expensive. I can have breakfast for $.50 USD in Malaysia, the cheapest meal in HK was about $4 USD. I went to the Ladies Market and the Temple Street Market and they were full of the same items you get in Malaysia except more expensive. There are just hordes, gobs, stacks, crowds of people. Way too many people. Lastly, I went to Victoria Peak to take night photos and they have put a stinking MALL on top of the Peak. You can eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp and watch the lights of Hong Kong. Something about that is just sick and wrong to me. I was asked to fill out a tourist question sheet at the airport and I thought the girl was going to cry when I rated my experience as a 6. Honestly, visit Penang. We have a tall hill-without a mall, good night market shopping and cheaper food. Here are some pictures to fool you into thinking it is a nice city...

Typical shot of Hong Kong harbor.

View from the Peak, err, mall at night.

Tai Chi on the promenade.

Neon Chinese


2 comments:

Copus said...

I think I would like to visit it or Tokyo, just to see the mass of buildings and people. Then you would have a different view of the prairies of Oklahoma.

TopCat said...

That is true but honestly I prefer the prairies to the hordes of people in Hong Kong. Next time, I will take friends and not go in July. Honestly though, cities in Asia tend to blend together. They are mainly throbbing masses of humanity with the nicer shops selling name brand items from the West. Everything unique is being consumed by globalism.