Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Westport days

Back in February of 1998 I left Oklahoma and moved to Westport, Washington to work at the Westport Maritime Museum. I recently returned for a short visit and found little has changed. Some more condos have been built out by the beach but mostly it has resisted the change of the last 8 years. Still a great place to spend a few days and if you get a day of full sun it is like hitting the lottery. Still remember the July 4th that I worked giving tours in the lighthouse and it was foggy and I had to wear a 'jumper'!

Gray's Harbor Light


Sand dollar that washed up on the beach


As I was walking I started to feel really small because I was the only person on the beach and it just went on and on and finally disappeared into the mist. Japan is somewhere to the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of great pictures. Looks like a great place to be. I am coming to see for myself.

DW said...

It always amazes me when I'm on the beach and there is no one else out there. It's surprising that being only 2 hours from Seattle, you can find that kind of solitude. Beautiful though. Great pictures!